Friday, February 18, 2011

Fondled for a Mosquito

Sitting directly next to me in the airport on the way to Rwanda was a traditionally dressed Rwanda elder who clearly didn’t like mosquitos.  After swatting it against herself, the mosquito managed to survive, and then it came my way.  I was giggling at the picture in front of me, as she was determined to kill this thing.  I was waiting for it to land on my arm laid across my waist so I could swat it with more certainty. But before I knew what happened she slapped my belly, then continued to press her hand hard against my body and up onto my left breast before she pulled back without flinching.  As I was still laughing under my breath, I pointed to the dead mosquito on my shirt and she proudly flicked it away.  Then she turned and faced forward as if nothing happened.  This was the highlight laugh of my week.
Have you ever slept with a mosquito buzzing in your ear, for instance while you have been camping? Can you sleep through it?  Or does it drive you crazy like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment